Primary, or baby, teeth play an important role in your child’s oral development. While they do eventually fall out, they have a big impact on your child’s overall health, development, and well-being. Most children have a full set of baby teeth by the time they are three years old. These teeth help to:
- Chew properly, which in turn promotes good nutrition
- Assist in speech development so that your child can speak normally
- Provide a path for the permanent teeth to follow when it is time for them to erupt
- Build your child’s self-esteem by giving them a beautiful smile
- Help your child to focus and learn in school without the distraction of dental pain
For more information on preparing for your child’s first visit, and on early dental care for children, please call OneDent Kids today at 914-996-7786 and schedule a consultation with our caring pediatric dentists.